The Project – RBA Wellbeing Collab Update
What is the Rosebank Wellbeing Collab?
Research shows that those businesses that invest in workplace wellbeing are more financially successful.
But we know it can be tough for businesses to invest in workplace wellbeing when faced with all the everyday demands of running a business.
That’s why we started the Rosebank Wellbeing Collab in 2020. In partnership with Healthy Families Waitākere, we wanted to collaborate with Rosebank businesses to create workplace wellbeing solutions for the whole of the Rosebank business community.
As a New Zealand first, this is an important opportunity for the Rosebank Business Association and its members as part of the COVID19 recovery efforts.
Our Journey To Get Here
Healthy Families Waitākere funded a codesign process in 2020 to help us understand the challenges and opportunities for workplace wellbeing in Rosebank.
We started by forming a Codesign Leadership Group with representatives from Rosebank businesses, and government and community agencies.
Through a series of interviews, meetings and workshops, this is what we heard.
We now have a collaborative plan of action and a Codesign Leadership Group that will oversee the implementation of these collaborative initiatives. You are welcome to join one of the Working Groups for any of the initiatives.
Our Collaborative Plan of Action
Our Vision: Rosebank Businesses Leading the World in Workplace Wellbeing
- Manākitanga | Compassionate leadership
- Whakawhanaungatanga | Strong relationships
- Kotahitanga | Stronger together
Our Priorities and Initiatives
|Sharing what’s working with Workplace Wellbeing Plans||Rob Woolner to host Autex lunch|
|Business-to-business buddying||Kim from RBA to coordinate matching. Stefan to champion the initiative.|
|Community health checks||Kim from RBA to coordinate|
|Women’s Wellbeing initiatives||Kim from RBA coordinating first prototype of women’s only classes with Snap Fitness|
|Shared EAPs (later)||Included in the plan for implementation at a later date|
|Shared physical activities (later)||Included in the plan for implementation at a later date|
|Street party in early 2021
|RBA to include in 2021 operational plan|
|Business community volunteer days
|Kim from RBA to coordinate|
|Business community wellbeing survey
|Zaynel from Healthy Families to lead the Working Group|
|Coordinated training opportunities for staff||Sky from Haven Financial to lead the Working Group
|Innovative reduction/coordination initiatives||Caitlin from Healthy Families to lead the Working Group|
Join the Codesign Leadership Group
We have brought together a Codesign Leadership Group of business leaders, community leaders and government officials. Their role is to champion and guide this project.
This is an open group that plans to meet monthly by Zoom. If you would like to join, please contact email@example.com.
Current members from the Rosebank business community include:
- Mike Gibson, Rosebank Business Association
- Kim Watts, Rosebank Business Association
- Fiona Norris, Regal Beloit Ltd
- Janette Partington, Omnigraphics
- Michelle Maitland, George Walkers Office Furniture
- Nikki Harris, Intelligent Environments
- Rob Woolner, Autex
- Stefan Crooks, Westie Food Group (also Healthy Families Waitākere and the Rosebank Business Association)
- Wayne Eccles, Anglo Engineering
- Lyn Holland, C-Tech Ltd
- David Speedy, Direct Office Products Depot
Plus there are members from government and community organisations:
- Zaynel Sushil, Healthy Families Waitākere
- Brett O’Riley, Employers and Manufacturers Association
- Dave Wood, Bay of Plenty Health
- Lauren Parr, Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED)
- Tracey Martin, Ministry of Social Development
- Mark Allen, Community Waitākere
- Wyndi Tagi, Sport Waitākere Board
Join A Working Group To Get Involved
You are welcome to join the Codesign Leadership Group or one of the Working Groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Receive Project Updates
If you would like to receive updates about the project email email@example.com.